November 26, 2009
By Aunty G.
Here’s a 6 ingredient recipe for puto, a popular Filipino dish. It’s light and fluffy with just the right amount of sweetness to make it a delicious dessert. They’re also the perfect size to just keep popping them into your mouth. That’s what happened when I baked this recipe for ISM, one of the perks of sharing recipes with ISM!
3 c. Bisquick (yes, Bisquick, the yellow box of Bisquick, the original pancake and baking mix)
1 ½ c. white sugar
2 c. coconut milk (1 can of coconut milk is not enough to make 2 c. so I just add enough water to equal 2 cups total)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
- 1. Place a pan of hot water into the oven to steam the puto rather than bake it. Place it one rack below the middle rack you use to bake on.
- 2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 3. Lightly spray mini-muffin pan with PAM.
- 4. Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- 5. Fill each mini-muffin cup ¾ full with batter.
- 6. Place into oven and steam for 15 minutes.
- 7. Open oven carefully, oven will seem hotter because of the steam.
- 8. Carefully remove puto from mini-muffin cups, or just wait until it cools so it’s easier to remove.
- 9. Try eating just one, and enjoy!
*And a special thank you to my helper!*